Friday, October 15, 2010

Slippery Shenanegans

Oooooooooooooweeeeeeeee! What a day! Just as I had said before today was as epically cold/rainy/snowy/slippery/bloody as predicted. It was a cool 40 degrees and raining at our start, a nice 36 degrees by the final, accompanied by some wet, wet snow on the cool down. Great day though. Check out this website for some good pictures and results. I felt alright today. I actually skied well into the rounds, but instead of advancing we stayed in our same heats every time. I won all of my heats minus the one where the ratchet on my rollerski decided to go ka-put. We enjoyed a hot shower and a tote-load of food after. Heading back to Keene valley they had surprisingly enough closed the road due to 15 cars that had gone off the road and 3 tractor-trailers. No big deal.

Heading back tomorrow AM for V-CO. Check out some pictures from the stay here in the valley.

Trophy from a race I won 2 summers ago in Keene Valley.




A little bit snowy on the way home


You can also check out results from the prologue yesterday below. I would say it was my better showing of the week. Everyone above me except for Timmay is on the US Ski Team.

Men
1 Simi Hamilton 8:40
2 Andy Newell 8:41
3 Noah Hoffman 8:42
4 Kris Freeman 8:58
5 Tim Reynolds 9:01
6 Sylvan Ellefson 9:03
7 Mike Sinnott 9:08
8 Patrick O’Brien 9:10
9 Tad Elliott 9:13
10 Erik Fagerstrom 9:14
11 Colin Rodgers 9:17
12 Dylan McGuffin 9:20
13 Scott Patterson 9:24

1 comment: