Wednesday, October 13, 2010

What a second........ this is starting to look like a real ski blog

Well as my partner in crime is off in the land of the Miracle Team training his tail off, I went to visit the GF's parents in Hot-Lanta. Though the trip there was a touch stressfull the entire weekend was amazing. The weather could not have been any better, infact I am convinced that October is the only month to go visit Georgia. The water is still plenty warm, by Colorado standards that is, it gets cool enough over night to keep the snakes down....... Yeah that's right I said SNAKES!!! So I crossed a couple of things of my bucket list that I didn't even know I had on my bucket list. During a couple hundred pulls out of the water and plenty of Lake Tobesofkee water up the nose, I was able to get the illusive slalom ski start, mastered (well kind of) the AirChair see picture bellow. And all in all had a very relaxing weekend in the sun and water. But now it is back to business.

There was a hard frost this moorning with temps almost getting low enough to make snow in the Gold Peak venue. So Close but it looks like early next week things get colder and the fan guns will probably start to spin. Here's for hoping I can ski my new Fischer Skis prior to leaving for Norway.

1 comment:

  1. I think I would be crying the whole time I was on that chair and not even tears of joy...

    ReplyDelete